It’s time to start filling out those brackets and getting ready for the most exciting three weeks of grilling great food for gameday revelries, and the games are pretty good too. Grillsanity is back with flavorful dishes right from grill to your coffee table as you live the drama of your favorite team's rise or fall. This week we bring you Pesto Shrimp Skewers, featuring plump, seasoned shrimp brushed with your favorite pesto and grilled with charred lemon. Salty and savory, these skewers are perfect for game day feasting because who doesn't love sharp pointy sticks flying through the air as the game-winning shot flies through the basket as time expires.
This is one of the easiest recipes to prepare and can easily be grilled during halftime to keep the shrimp coming throughout the action. Assemble the skewers alternating between shrimp and lemon slices. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is ready and the lemon is slightly charred, which releases amazing citrusy aroma. Remove from grill and brush with the pesto for bold, addicting flavor. With amazing texture and freshness, this is an easy recipe that your guests will love. So get ready for a furious pace of frenzied fandom, hot grilled food, and refreshments – this is Grillsanity!
Makes 8 skewers
Pesto Shrimp Skewers Ingredients
- 1 lb. medium or large frozen shrimp, deveined, thawed
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 8 skewers, soaked in water 20 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. pesto
Pesto Shrimp Skewers Directions
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Skewer shrimp and lemon slice. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill assembled skewers, turning occasionally until shrimp is opaque and lemons slightly charred 4 to 5 minutes.
- Brush with pesto and serve.