Little compares to the feeling of gathering around a Thanksgiving feast with family and friends. The iconic aroma of the roasted turkey paired with the sweet smell of homemade pies can fill a home with joy and love. However, with so many different traditional dishes to be cooked, the kitchen can often become a flurry of activity. The Orange and Pepper Jelly Glazed Double Smoked Ham from our Thanksgiving on the Grill Series is designed to ease the congested cooking routes of the holiday season.
This dish features a sweet and tangy glaze that lingers on the senses, with a balance between soy and mustard sandwiched between the bold, smoky flavor. Preparing the ham is a simple indirect heat process, and smoking at approximately 250 degrees Fahrenheit. After scoring your smoked ham, the glaze can be prepared by combining orange preserves, brown sugar, pepper jelly, Creole mustard, and soy sauce. Then, layer the formulated glaze liberally over the top so the robust flavor can deeply penetrate the succulent meat. Cook and remove the glowing, opulent ham, and the entire family can feast on the perfect complement to your traditional Thanksgiving fare.
Bring love and smoky savor to your Thanksgiving feast with a glistening Orange and Pepper Jelly Glazed Double Smoked Ham. Our Thanksgiving on the Grill Series offers quality, flavor, and ease, allowing for an enjoyable and stress-free meal that the entire family can savor with every bite.
Orange and Pepper Jelly Glazed Double Smoked Ham Ingredients
- 1 cup orange preserves
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. pepper jelly
- 1 tbsp. Creole mustard
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 boneless smoked ham (approximately 2 lbs.)
Orange and Pepper Jelly Glazed Double Smoked Ham Directions
- Combine orange preserves, brown sugar, pepper jelly, mustard, and soy sauce in a small bowl to create the glaze. Set the glaze aside until ready to use.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking, placing an aluminum pan filled with water in the center of the lower grate and adding preheated charcoal on either side of the pan. Add 3-4 chunks of your favorite smoking wood to the charcoal.
- Close grill vents halfway and heat to approximately 250 degrees. As the grill is heated, score the ham in a ¼ inch deep diamond pattern using a paring knife. Place the ham on the main grilling grate directly above the aluminum pan and cover the grill. Allow the ham to cook for approximately 45 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees in the thickest part of the ham.
- Brush the ham with the orange and pepper jelly glaze, cover the grill, and allow the glaze to set for 5 minutes. Apply a second coat of glaze to the ham and let it cook for another 5-10 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove the ham from the grill and rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Taken from grillocracy.com https://www.grillocracy.com/blog/2015/4/11/orange-and-pepper-jelly-glazed-double-smoked-hams