Oh, have we got something special for you this Mother's Day! Get ready for a dish that will put your taste buds into overdrive. Delicious Mexican-style Tequila Jalapeño Shrimp - marinated with jalapeños, garlic, mint, and tequila - and grilled to perfection! This light appetizer will surely be the shining star of any Mother's Day meal and add some serious south-of-the-border zest to your party.
Whether you're looking for an easy last-minute meal or a delicious munchy to serve up to your guests, this dish has you covered! All you need to do is prepare the marinade in a food processor or blender – blend jalapeños, garlic, mint, tequila, lime juice, and orange juice – then let them sit for a few hours so those flavors can fuse! Ideal if you don't want to spend too long preparing something special. Once it's out of the blender and onto the grill plate, your Tequila Jalapeño Shrimp are ready quickly! For an extra kick of flavor, garnish with sliced jalapeños, mint leaves, and a generous helping of lime wedges - guaranteed party pleaser every time!
If it's outdoor eating fun you're after, make sure Tequila Jalapeno Shrimp are on your list this Mother's Day.
Mother's Day Tequila Jalapeño Shrimp Ingredients
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 mint leaves
- ⅓ cup tequila
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1 lb. extra jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
Mother's Day Tequila Jalapeño Shrimp Directions
- Combine jalapeño, garlic, and mint in a food processor and process until minced. Add tequila, orange, and lime juice and pulse to combine.
- Thread 4-5 shrimp onto a skewer and lay in a shallow baking dish. Repeat for all the shrimp. Pour the tequila jalapeño marinade over them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers in the fridge and let marinate for about an hour, rotating skewers halfway through.
- Heat the grill to medium and lightly oil the grill grates. Place shrimp skewers on the grill and cover, cooking for about 3 minutes on each side until pink, before moving to a separate platter for serving.
Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- Mix yogurt, lime juice, garlic, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined.
Taken from wearenotmartha.com https://wearenotmartha.com/tequila-jalapeno-shrimp/