Is your backyard ready for the ultimate Mother's Day celebration? Put down the manicure supplies and grab the grilling utensils because this special occasion calls for something extra delicious - our Mother's Day Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken with Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze!
Forget regular old sandwiches: This is a larger-than-life explosion of flavor. Juicy pineapple slices, savory ham shreds, meltingly smooth provolone cheese, and a delightfully tangy pineapple teriyaki sauce are tucked inside each juicy grilled chicken breast. Sure to make your guests' mouths water and your Mom's heart melt!
It doesn't get much more flavorful than this. To top it all off, our classic teriyaki glaze gives you that crispy and caramelized texture without adding an overload of sugar. That means you can grill on with flavor and finish off with satisfaction. Whether you're spending quality time with Mom or hanging out with friends, treat everyone to something extraordinary this year - our Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken.
Mother's Day Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken with Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze Ingredients
Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze
- ⅓ cup Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (the plumper, the better!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 2 pineapple rings, sliced in half to create half-moon shapes
- 4 slices provolone cheese, sliced in half
Mother's Day Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken with Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze Directions
- Make the pineapple teriyaki glaze: Whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until the combination has a syrupy texture.
- Grill the chicken: Heat the grill. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Stuff the chicken: Cut a slit on the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket for stuffing. Stuff each chicken breast with one slice of deli ham, half of a pineapple ring, and one slice (2 halves) of provolone cheese.
- Back to the grill: Place each stuffed chicken breast back on the grill. Brush the glaze over each chicken breast, flipping after a couple of minutes and brushing more glaze on the other side. The chicken is done once the cheese is melted and the outer edges of the pineapple are slightly caramelized. Reserve the leftover glaze to use when serving.
Taken from destinationdelish.com https://www.destinationdelish.com/grilled-hawaiian-stuffed-chicken/