Mother’s Day is an opportunity to celebrate moms and say thank you for who they are and all they mean to us. Yet, for many of us that means getting in the car after Sunday church, going to a nice restaurant, and waiting and waiting and waiting. Blow her mind this year by preparing an elegant meal on the grill with Mother’s Day Grilled Salmon Salad With Warm Blueberry Vinaigrette. Featuring seductively sweet blueberries and fresh salmon, this beautifully crafted dish is super easy and flavorful, and is higher quality than most of the dishes on the menu at that restaurant you would still be waiting for.
Begin by rubbing the salmon fillets with olive oil and minced garlic, then season with salt and pepper and grill the salmon for about six minutes per side. The vinaigrette is prepared in a saucepan with coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest. This vinaigrette will be very sweet and mom will love it. When done and flaky, serve the salmon on a bed of greens and top with the vinaigrette being sure to place several plump blueberries on the salmon, and finish with freshly squeezed lemon juice. The sharp contrast of colors of the grilled salmon, crisp greens, and the dark blue dressing will be spectacular on the plate. So take the time to say thank you to mom this Mother’s Day by making her a meal and letting her relax; she deserves it!
Mother’s Day Grilled Salmon Salad With Warm Blueberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 8 salmon fillets (~6oz each)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen that are thawed)
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 cups salad greens
- salt & pepper
Mother’s Day Grilled Salmon Salad With Warm Blueberry Vinaigrette Directions
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Rub salmon with olive oil and mince garlic, then season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill salmon until it is opaque and flaky. About 6 minutes per side (depending on how thick the fillets are).
- While salmon is cooking, add coconut oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat to melt. Add in vinegar, blueberries, and sugar. Let cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the blueberries are soft. Add in lemon zest.
- Serve salmon over a bed of greens and top with blueberry sauce and a little more fresh grated lemon juice.
Taken from AroundMyFamilyTable.com
The post Mother’s Day Grilled Salmon Salad With Warm Blueberry Vinaigrette appeared first on Summerset Grills.