Mother's Day is here again, and she probably wants to go to her favorite Sunday Brunch again, and so will everyone else! Take this Mother's Day up a notch by preparing her a home-cooked, gourmet breakfast on the grill. Mother's Day Grilled Coconut Rum French Toast is a lovely and delightful meal that your mother, wife, or grandmother is sure to love. This French toast is grilled right on your grill for beautiful color and aroma, featuring coconut rum for a tropical influence.
Begin with a loaf of Brioche, sliced into hearty ½ inch slices. The egg mixture combines eggs, milk, coconut rum, and cinnamon; you can also add a little vanilla extract if desired. The key to grilling the French toast is oiling the grates with canola oil, so the bread and egg batter don't stick. It only takes about 4 minutes per side over medium heat for gorgeous char marks to form. Finish with fresh berries, bananas, whipped crème, maple syrup, or your mother's favorite toppings. You can grill breakfast sausage alongside the French toast for extra protein without extra time or prep. Grab some flowers, her favorite coffee, and a box of chocolates, and bless a mom with this special grilled french toast on this very special day.
Mother’s Day Grilled Coconut Rum French Toast Ingredients
- One loaf Challah or Brioche, sliced into 1/2” pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut rum
- Dash Cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, and blueberries
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Breakfast sausage links or patties (optional)
Mother’s Day Grilled Coconut Rum French Toast Directions
- Next, preheat your grill for medium direct heat (about 350 degrees). Combine eggs, milk, coconut rum, and cinnamon. Coat the grill grates well with canola oil, so the bread does not stick.
- While the grill is heating up, soak your bread pieces in the egg mixture. Once the grill is heated, grill the bread until excellent char marks form, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, you can grill up breakfast sausage patties or links with the French toast. Grill the sausage links while grilling the French toast. Serve the French toast with diced strawberries (or fruit of your preference), whipped cream (optional), and sausage.
Taken from thedailymeal.com https://www.thedailymeal.com/grilled-coconut-rum-french-toast