Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts
How do you tell the person that raised you, fed you, and poured her life into you that you appreciate them? You fire up the grill and throw on some chicken and make a grand presentation of your cooking prowess! Give your mom or wife a better meal than the restaurant and without the wait - Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts. Featuring fresh basil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar, this Italian-inspired marinade is the perfect complement to grilled chicken. Tender, aromatic, and beautiful, just like mom, this dish is a delightful message of love and appreciation for who she is.
Begin preparing the marinade by combining garlic, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Add red pepper flakes for a bit of heat if desired. Be sure to keep a fourth of the marinade in reserve to make a sauce. Marinate the chicken for a few hours and then prep the grill for medium heat to grill the chicken. The sauce is just a reduction of the marinade to thicken slightly into a glaze. Once the chicken is beautifully grilled, serve with extra tomatoes and basil, and drizzle with the sauce. Your mom is sure to enjoy this home-grilled meal that finishes tender, moist, and sweet. Surprise her with a dinner at home to show her what she means to you; after all the meals she’s cooked for you, she deserves it!
Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned
- 4 to 6 tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh basil (loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL red pepper flakes
Mother’s Day Basil and Tomato Chicken Breasts Directions
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, basil, black pepper, and salt in a food processor—reserve a small amount of the chopped tomatoes and chopped basil for garnish.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add chicken and 3/4 of the marinade. Make sure chicken is well coated. Seal bag and allow to marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, bring the reserved 1/4 of the marinade to a boil for 1 minute, reduce heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook on medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once.
- Remove chicken from heat, top with cooked sauce, and garnish with diced tomatoes or chopped basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Taken from thespruceeats.com https://www.thespruceeats.com/basil-and-tomato-chicken-breasts-334184