Marinated Fish Tacos - The Springtime Grilling Series
Every season is suitable for great barbecue, but the newness of spring is rejuvenating and rousing. Springtime feels like a fresh new start, a resolve to get back to what you love. The Springtime Grilling Series continues with Marinated Fish Tacos, helping you get outside more and experience this time of year. Marinated in citrus, guacamole salsa, and spices, these tacos are light, zesty, and refreshing.
Freshness is paramount with fish, so finding a local supplier will make all the difference. If you have to settle for frozen, still look for the freshest batch possible and let it thaw before marinating. Prepare the marinade by combining the guacamole salsa, spices, cilantro, lime juice and zest, and olive oil. Marinate the fish for one to two hours in the refrigerator. Since the fish will be delicate from the citric acid, use a cast iron pan on the grill. Roast for five minutes per side and remove from the grill to rest. Assemble tacos on warmed tortillas with your favorite taco toppings like fresh cabbage, onion, radish, crème, cheese, and lime for a taco feast that is crisp and flavorful. Here's to a springy fresh start to grilling and fun from the Springtime Grilling Series.
Marinated Fish Tacos Ingredients
- 2 pounds Whitefish
- 1 bottle Herdez Guacamole salsa (15.7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Marinated Fish Tacos Directions
- Combine the guacamole salsa, chili powder, salt, onion powder, lime zest, lemon juice, cilantro, and olive oil in a bowl or plastic baggie.
- Place the fish inside and let marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat your grill to 425° with a cast iron pan inside.
- Place the fish into the pan, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the fish and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill carefully, and let cool for 4-5 minutes before serving with tortillas and taco fixings.
Taken from orwhateveryoudo.com https://www.orwhateveryoudo.com/2019/08/marinated-fish-tacos.html