In celebration of football season, the Game Day Grilling Series sparks exciting menu choices for your gameday festivities. No tailgate party is complete without a burger, and Manchego-Stuffed Pork Burgers are a different take on a classic that will not disappoint. These burgers will be a touchdown at your next tailgate, packed with flavorful Manchego cheese and juicy pork. So fire up the grill and get ready for some delicious football fare!
Beginning with ground pork instead of beef, the meat is seasoned with a mixture of pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, oregano, garlic, chili powder, coriander, and other spices. Then the patty is stuffed with bite-size crumbles of manchego cheese. Grilled with olive oil, salt, and pepper, this pork patty comes off the fire, ready to eat. It is then placed on a toasted bun and garnished with your favorite toppings. This is a bold burger for a bold time, so fire up the grill, prepare for battle, and get ready for football.
Manchego-Stuffed Pork Burgers Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 pounds coarsely ground pork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound manchego cheese, broken into bite-size pieces
- 4 Portuguese rolls, split
- Pimientos, tomato, red onion, and lettuce for topping
Manchego-Stuffed Pork Burgers Directions
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Place the two tablespoons of vegetable oil, olives, garlic, oregano, chili powder, paprika, coriander, cumin, and allspice in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Mix the pork into the olive mixture; season with salt and pepper. Shape into four patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Make a deep pocket in each; stuff with some manchego, then close the patty around the cheese.
- Brush the burgers with oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil; grill the burgers until marked on the bottom, 5 minutes. Flip and continue grilling until just cooked through 5 more minutes.
- Brush the cut sides of the rolls with the remaining one tablespoon of mayonnaise; grill until lightly toasted. Serve the burgers on the rolls with your choice of toppings.
Taken from foodnetwork.com http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/manchego-stuffed-pork-burgers-recipe.html