Honey Sriracha Grilled Shrimp – Sizzling Summer Series
Summer is in full-wave with long nights, gorgeous sunsets, and sweltering heat waves. Finding ways to spend the day by some water is fun and needed to keep fresh from the heat. The Sizzling Summer Series continues with savory goodness to keep your grill going throughout the summer, so you can stay by the water and your trusted hammock. Next up is another scorcher - Honey Sriracha Grilled Shrimp. Featuring a rich basting sauce of butter, garlic, honey, and Sriracha, these shrimp bring a decadent sweet and spicy kick that balances the brilliance of fresh shrimp.
Begin by soaking your wooden skewers for at least twenty minutes, so they don't burn on the grill. Create the sauce by sautéing ginger and garlic in butter and then adding smoked paprika, ground cloves, honey, Sriracha, and lime juice. Amazingly fragrant and colorful, this basting sauce will surround the shrimp in addictive yumminess everyone will love. Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat on each side until plump. Baste the skewers with the sauce and grill one more minute per side and then remove. Serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges for a refreshing smack to your mouth that will keep you coming back for more. There’s nothing like reclining on the beach with a skewer in one hand an ice-cold drink in the other – this is the Sizzling Summer Series.
Serves 3-4 | Yields 25-30 Shrimp
Honey Sriracha Grilled Shrimp Ingredients
- 4–5 wooden skewers
- 1 lb. large shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 6 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- optional garnish: lime wedges and freshly chopped cilantro
Honey Sriracha Grilled Shrimp Directions
- Soak the wooden skewers for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat, about 400 ºF.
- In a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted, add in fresh ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add in smoked paprika, ground cloves, honey, Sriracha, and lime juice. Stir to combine and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Place prepared shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub with an olive oil-soaked rag.
- Place shrimp skewer on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the shrimp releases from the grill. Flip the shrimp over and grill on the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Using a brush, gently brush the honey sriracha glaze on both sides of the shrimp. Grill each side for one more minute.
- Remove from grill.
- Glaze the shrimp one last time. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.