It’s down to two… At last we know who is in the big game for a chance to win a title. After nearly 5 months of waiting, we finally know… what we will be eating on Super Bowl Sunday! To finish off this year’s Super Bowl Grilling Series, we have Honey Heat Smoked Chicken Wings. Everyone loves chicken wings, and these are rich in smoky flavor, crispy skin, and delicious heat.
Begin by coating wings in oil and the rub, and then transfer to your grill at 275 degrees with your favorite smoking wood for 2 hours. This will infuse the wings with deep smoky flavor, cooking through, and allowing the rub seasons to penetrate throughout. Most smoked wings have great flavor, but rubbery skin. To get the beautiful crispy skin, remove the wings and turn up the grill to 400-450 degrees. Cover the wings in the Honey Heat Smack Sauce and return to the grill for 3-4 minutes for a tasty finish. The wings will be tender, flavorful, crispy, sweet, and hot – perfect for the biggest game of the year. So get ready for the hype, festivities, and pure mayhem with the Super Bowl Grilling Series.
Honey Heat Smoked Chicken Wings Ingredients
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons Caribeque Honey Heat Pork & Poultry Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Caribeque Honey Heat Smack Sauce
Honey Heat Smoked Chicken Wings Directions
- Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees F with your favorite wood.
- Place the wings in a gallon zip top bag and pour in the oil. Close the bag and shake to thoroughly coat the wings. Open the top and pour in the Honey Heat Rub. Close again and shake until the wings are all evenly coated with the rub.
- Transfer the wings directly to the grill grates and smoke for 2 hours.
- Remove the wings from the grill and increase the grill temperature. I like to shoot for around 400-450 degrees F. Brush the wings with the Caribeque Smack Sauce and return to the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
Taken from HeyGrillHey.com