Introducing Hoisin-Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken - a delicious masterpiece from our Super Bowl Grilling Series that promises to take your taste buds on a tantalizing journey of flavors. As February graces us with its presence, we not only celebrate the allure of Cupid's arrow but also the thrill and excitement of the year's biggest game and extravaganza. Whether you're honoring the one you love or the game you love, this exquisite dish will ensure that your event becomes an extraordinary and unforgettable occasion.
Prepare to be captivated by the rich and distinct Asian flavors that dance harmoniously on your palate. We start with three pounds of fresh, bone-in chicken pieces, then lovingly coated in a generous rub of brown sugar, paprika, garlic, five-spice, fennel, mustard, salt, and pepper. Allow this tantalizing blend to marinate for at least two hours, guaranteeing that every bite bursts with bold and enticing flavors.
To elevate the presentation and infuse the chicken with a mouthwatering smokiness, we begin by searing it on the grill, allowing those beautiful grill marks to leave a lasting impression. Then, we finish cooking it over indirect heat, ensuring every morsel is succulent and perfectly cooked.
But we don't stop there. Just before removing the chicken from the grill, we lavish it with a sweet and decadent glaze that will transport you straight to food paradise - a luscious blend of hoisin, maple syrup, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and five-spice powder, all delicately brushed over the chicken and allowed to caramelize into a mouthwatering symphony of flavors. The result? A tender, juicy chicken bursting with a harmonious balance of sweetness and spice.
It's time to unleash your inner grill master. Fire up the grill, ignite your passion, and let this Hoisin-Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken be the centerpiece of your next event. Join us on a gastronomic adventure that will leave you and your guests yearning for more.
Hoisin-Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken Ingredients
- 2 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh garlic (about three large cloves)
- 2-1/2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp. ground fennel seed
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lb. bone-in chicken pieces (legs, thighs, breasts, and wings)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup peanut or canola oil
Hoisin-Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken Directions
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic, two teaspoons of the five-spice, fennel, and mustard, one tablespoon of salt, and two teaspoons of pepper. Put the chicken pieces in a 9x13-inch baking dish and rub the spice mix all over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and no more than 6 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill fire for indirect cooking over medium heat (325°F to 375°F). Combine the hoisin, maple syrup, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and 1/2 tsp of five-spice powder in a small bowl.
- Lightly brush the chicken pieces with the peanut oil and arrange the skin side down over direct heat. Cover and cook until grill marks form, 3 to 5 minutes. If the chicken flares up, immediately move it to indirect heat. Flip the chicken, mark the other side, and cook for two more minutes. Move the chicken to the cooler side of the grill to finish cooking over indirect heat. Cover and cook, occasionally rearranging the pieces to ensure even cooking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F (breast pieces) to 170°F (leg pieces), 30 to 45 minutes.
- Generously brush the glaze on the chicken and flip the glazed side down over to the hotter part of the grill. Cook until the glaze is bubbly and deep red, 30 to 60 seconds. Brush more ice on the top of the chicken, flip it, and cook it for 30 to 60 seconds more. Serve immediately.
Taken from americanmadegrills.com https://americanmadegrills.com/blogs/recipes/hoisin-maple-glazed-grilled-chicken