The annual Super Bowl is the biggest night of football for the year, and nothing goes better with a good game than tasty barbecue. The Super Bowl Grilling Series is winding down for the season, and there’s no touchdown more spectacularly than with the one-and-only Hawaiian Beef Sliders! Combining sweet pineapple, salty bacon, and fiery jalapeños, our sliders will cheer your taste buds – regardless of which team you’re rooting for!
The Hawaiian flavors are infused into these sliders by mixing the ground beef with salt, pepper, and pineapple to make the patties. Then the patties are marinated in a combination of soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes, and reserved pineapple juice to deepen the flavor profile. After grilling, they are topped with bacon, sliced jalapenos, and more pineapple, wonderfully marrying medium heat and sweetness in handful portions.
With their juicy textures and big flavors, these sliders are guaranteed to bring an unbeatable combination of warmth and fun to your tastebuds – perfect for having friends over for the playoffs or just sharing on game night. So don’t let your celebration be incomplete – score big with Hawaiian Beef Sliders from the Super Bowl Grilling Series!
Hawaiian Beef Sliders Ingredients
- 1 can (20 ounces) of unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 18 miniature whole wheat buns
- Baby spinach leaves
- 3 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
Hawaiian Beef Sliders Directions
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and 1-1/2 cups pineapple (save remaining pineapple for another use). Mix 3/4 cup reserved crushed pineapple, pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 patties; place in two 11x7 dishes.
- Mix soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes, and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl. Pour half of the marinade into each dish; cover and refrigerate for one hour, turning once.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; coat the grill rack lightly using long-handled tongs.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil four in. from heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Grill buns, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with spinach, remaining pineapple, bacon, and jalapeno peppers if desired.
Taken from tasteofhome.com http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/hawaiian-beef-sliders