Grilled Tuna with Puttanesca Salsa – The Springtime Grilling Series
Spring is finally here, and with it, outdoor grilling in warm, sunny weather. Our latest edition of the Springtime Grilling Series is here, and it's a must-have for your next grill session. Introducing Grilled Tuna with Puttanesca Salsa!
This dish will breathe new life into your grilling repertoire with its tantalizing combination of fresh tuna steaks and zesty Puttanesca salsa. Crisp, salty olives, and capers mingle with sweet tomatoes, nuanced garlic, and mild heat from crushed red pepper. A finishing touch of sugar adds complexity as this tomato mixture thickens over the heat of the grill, creating an intensely-flavorful addition to the tenderness of grilled fish. A perfect accompaniment to our spring weather!
Invite family and friends for a delicious spring day outdoors – together, you can enjoy this inspired creation from the Springtime Grilling Series. From appetizers to entrees to desserts – make sure to include our Grilled Tuna with Puttanesca Salsa on your menu this season! Get your hands on Grilled Tuna with Puttanesca Salsa from the Springtime Grilling Series today! What are you waiting for?
Grilled Tuna with Puttanesca Salsa Ingredients
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 1-1/2 tsp. rinsed and drained capers
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 5-oz. tuna steaks (preferably about 1 inch thick)
Grilled Tuna with Puttanesca Salsa Directions
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare a medium-high (400°F) gas or charcoal grill fire.
- Combine the tomatoes, olives, and capers in a medium bowl. Heat 2 tsp. of the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, occasionally stirring, just until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add the red pepper flakes and sugar, and stir in the tomato mixture and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and take off the heat.
- Brush both sides of the tuna with the remaining two tsp. of oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until rare to medium-rare in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Slice the tuna into thick slices and serve topped with the salsa.
Taken from American Made Grills https://americanmadegrills.com/blogs/recipes/springtime-grilled-tuna-with-puttanesca-salsa