For the thrill of the game and the love of the grill – this is the Game Day Grilling series from Summerset bringing terrific grilling ideas for a weekend pigskin throw down. Open flame, team fanaticism, and great food are the pillars of society for about four months each year, and it is our national duty to guide and inspire. To close out the series, we present Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers – featuring citrus marinated shrimp and spicy chorizo. Designed to sparkle and sizzle with each bite, these skewers are perfect for long afternoon football binges.
Beginning with about two pounds of fresh jumbo shrimp, the refreshing flavors of lime and garlic are infused by marinating them in olive oil, lime juice, and minced fresh garlic for about 30 minutes. The spicy counterpart, dried chorizo is cut into one-inch pieces and prepared to be skewered. Grilling over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side, the skewers are ready when the shrimp are opaque and the chorizo is slightly softened. Served with avocado and seasoned with salt and pepper, beautiful textures are achieved, and bold aromas are awakened. This is what game day is about – a little pizazz and flash mixed with unchecked boldness; this is the Game Day Grilling series.
Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers Ingredients
- 24 jumbo shrimp (about 2 pounds), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces dried chorizo, cut on the bias into sixteen 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 firm, ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into wedges
Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers Directions
- Toss shrimp, garlic, oil, and lime juice in a large baking dish. Cover, and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, soak 8 wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread 3 shrimp and 2 slices chorizo onto each skewer, alternating pieces. Season with salt. Grill until shrimp are opaque and chorizo is slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange avocados on a platter. Squeeze lime wedges over avocados, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with shrimp-and-chorizo skewers.
Taken from: MarthaStewart.com
The post Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers – Game Day Grilling Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.