Let your taste buds take a journey to the holidays with A Very Merry Grilled Christmas' Grilled Sea Salt Crusted Rib Eye with Homemade Horseradish. This dish is the perfect combination of deliciousness and pure culinary delight. Perfectly grilled rib eye steak covered in a layer of savory sea salt crust and paired with homemade horseradish full of heat - what more could you ask for during the holidays? This steak's impressive simplicity will surely leave your friends impressed.
A golden brown, crisp outer layer created by the sea salt and infused with flavor from the grilling process gives way to a tender, succulent center that will make you never want holiday meals any other way! Spicy, vibrant horseradish comes together beautifully with this incredible main course to provide an extra depth that elevates every bite. Whether it's a family gathering or just a night in, this unforgettable Grilled Sea Salt Crusted Rib Eye with Homemade Horseradish looks fantastic and tastes even better! Enjoy a festive feast fit for royalty this holiday season with A Very Merry Grilled Christmas!
Grilled Sea Salt Crusted Rib Eye Ingredients with Homemade Horseradish Ingredients
- (2) 16 oz rib eye steaks
- ¾ cup Sicilian sea salt
- 3 tbsp freshly ground white pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup premium extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 large daikon peeled
- 2 medium-sized horseradish roots peeled (or 6 oz jar unsweetened horseradish)
- 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ of a small lemon
- 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper
Grilled Sea Salt Crusted Rib Eye Ingredients with Homemade Horseradish Directions
- Grate daikon on the course side of a grater
- Gently squeeze excess juice and place it in a bowl
- Grate the horseradish on the fine side of the grater and roughly chop over
- Add to daikon and all other ingredients to taste and set aside 15 mins before serving
- Bring meat up to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- On a dry tray, lightly oil the steaks and liberally sprinkle with sea salt and ¼ portion of pepper, covering ½ cm on each side.
- Place steaks on the hottest part of the grill, careful not to flame.
- Sear on one side for 5-6 minutes, then turn over, repeating the cooking time.
- Remove from grill and rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Put steaks back on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Rest for a further 2 minutes and slice off the bone if you wish to share, cutting into 6 or 7 pieces.
- Place on a plate, replace bone, drizzle liberally with extra virgin olive oil and serve with a lemon half and horseradish condiment.