Oh, the music in the air, the lights on the trees, and decorations everywhere – Christmas is here again, and holiday grilling is just getting started with A Very Merry Grilled Christmas! With beautiful color, fitting of the happiest time of the year, Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Apple-Radish Vinaigrette is an easy recipe with succulent flavors. Featuring gorgeous rib eye steaks grilled to your liking, the vinaigrette is a refreshing, colorful addition.
With minimal prep, this is the best 30-minute meal you can make during a busy season of shopping and celebrating. The steaks get brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Minced apple and radish are mixed with olive oil and champagne vinegar for a punchy and light explosion of flavor in the vinaigrette. Serve together and impress your friends with a formal steak dinner for the holidays. "The most wonderful season of all" invokes holiday cheer and merriment but also affords more opportunity to grill for family and friends and show off your grilling prowess.
Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Apple-Radish Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling the grate and brushing the steaks
- Two 1-inch-thick boneless rib eye steaks (1 1/2 pounds total), at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced radish
- 1/4 cup minced crisp, sweet apple, such as Honeycrisp
Grilled Rib Eye Steaks with Apple-Radish Vinaigrette Directions
- Light a grill and oil the grate.
- Brush the steaks all over with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the 1/3 cup of olive oil with the vinegar, radish, and apple. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Carve the steaks against the grain and serve with the vinaigrette.
Taken from foodandwine.com