The playoffs are set, the game times are marked, and the grill is ready! It's time for the Super Bowl Grilling Series, Summerset Grills' annual series dedicated to getting ready for the big game. This week's dish is Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Vidalia onion barbecue sauce. These sandwiches are an excellent choice for tailgating or the backyard since you can make the sauce ahead, the tenderloin receives a simple rub, and the grilling time is only 20 minutes.
Begin by thoroughly seasoning the pork with a rub of garlic powder, salt, dry mustard, and ground pepper. Grill the tenderloins on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes per side. The sweet and tangy barbecue sauce should be added generously and is a combination of sweet onion, brown sugar, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, Worchester sauce, olive oil, and garlic. Finish with arugula, which adds a fresh and peppery edge that aptly counters the sweetness of the barbecue sauce. So, fire up the grill, don your team's colors (hopefully, they're in the big game), and let's get ready for some football!
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 (3/4-lb.) pork tenderloins
- vegetable cooking spray
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 6 tablespoons Vidalia Onion Barbecue Sauce
Vidalia Onion Barbecue Sauce
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches Directions
- Barbecue Sauce (Make-ahead): Stir together all ingredients and 1/2 cup water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, occasionally stirring, 20 minutes.
- Pork Tenderloins: Stir together the first four ingredients; rub pork tenderloins evenly with the seasoning mixture. Lightly coat pork with vegetable cooking spray.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portions registers 155°. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Chop or slice, and serve on hamburger buns. Drizzle each sandwich with 1 Tbsp. Vidalia Onion Barbecue Sauce (or more). Top with arugula leaves.
Taken from MyRecipes.com http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-pork-tenderloin-sandwiches