It's Memorial Day, and we have just the grilling recipe to help you kick off your summer: Grilled Pork Chops with Plums, Halloumi, and Lemon. This deceptively simple dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any barbecue!
Start by generously seasoning pork chops with salt and pepper before coating them in honey and olive oil. Then grill them up alongside juicy plums for the perfect flavor combination. And let's not forget Halloumi - this Cypriot cheese adds a smooth and creamy contrast that will keep your guests talking about it long after the meal is over.
With well-oiled grill grates, you can grill confidently, knowing the plums won't stick, becoming soft and jammy without being mushy. Get ready to kick off summer and wow your grill buddies with this exquisite grilled Pork Chops with Plums, Halloumi, and Lemon dish, because Memorial Day is Grilling Day!
Grilled Pork Chops with Plums, Halloumi, and Lemon Ingredients
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (about 1" thick), patted dry
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 ripe medium red or black plums (about one lb.), halved
- 1 lemon, halved, seeds removed
- 8 oz. Halloumi cheese, sliced into ½"-thick planks
- 2 Tbsp. torn oregano leaves
- Aleppo-style pepper or crushed red pepper flakes (for serving)
Grilled Pork Chops with Plums, Halloumi, and Lemon Directions
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate. Combine honey and two tablespoons of oil in a large resealable plastic bag. Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper and add to bag. Seal, pressing out air, and massage chops to coat.
- Place plums, lemon, and Halloumi on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. of oil; toss to coat. Season plums and lemon with salt, then season everything with pepper.
- Grill pork over medium-high, occasionally turning with tongs and moving around if needed to prevent flare-ups, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center (about ½" from the bone) registers 130°, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill plums, lemon (cut side down), and Halloumi, turning plums and cheese once or twice until grill marks appear and plums start to release their juices, about 4 minutes. Transfer plums, lemon, and Halloumi to a cutting board with pork and let cool for one minute. Slice each plum half into three wedges and tear Halloumi into 1" pieces.
- Cut pork away from the bone and slice ½" thick. Arrange meat on plates; discard bones. Spoon plums and Halloumi around and on top of the meat, dividing evenly. Squeeze juice from grilled lemon over; season with more salt and pepper. Top with oregano, sprinkle with Aleppo-style pepper and drizzle with oil.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-pork-chops-with-plums-halloumi-and-lemon