Beautiful sunrises with a cup of coffee sitting on the deck; what's not to love about springtime? The Springtime Grilling Series continues with a simple breakfast straight from your grill with Grilled Peaches with Yogurt and Granola. Putting a gorgeous sear on your peaches brings out the sweetness and adds a touch of mesquite aroma to the traditional morning staple. Super simple to make, the longest part is preheating your grill, which can be done while you brew your coffee.
Begin with four fresh peaches halved and pitted. You can grill them right on the grill grates for splendid grill marks or in a grill pan; either way, use some oil, so the peaches don't stick. Grill them face down for five minutes over high heat, which will begin caramelizing the natural sugars and giving them a lovely sear. Top each half with your favorite yogurt, honey, and granola for a bright and fresh morning wake-up. All of this can be done in your slippers and robe, staying cozy while you watch the sunrise and listen to bird songs. Get out of the rut of cold cereal, protein bar, or nothing at all, and enjoy a serene start to your day with your grill and the Springtime Grilling Series.
Grilled Peaches with Yogurt and Granola Ingredients
- 4 peaches sliced in half and pitted
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola
Grilled Peaches with Yogurt and Granola Directions
- Preheat the stove or grill to high heat.
- Brush a grill pan with oil or spray with cooking spray or prepare a grill.
- Place the peach halves facing sliced side down on the grill pan (or grill) and cook for about 5 minutes or until the peaches are heated and have grill marks.
- Remove the peaches from the grill pan and place sliced side up on a plate.
- Top each peach half with a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Drizzle honey over the yogurt and peaches.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of granola over each peach half.