Grilled Peach and Pineapple Melba Sundaes - Sizzling Summer Series
Alas, it's mid-August, the sun is blazing, the water is beckoning, and summer vacation is ending. About this time, end-of-season barbecues and pool parties are abundant, and we have a grilled dessert to rock your back-to-school bash! The Sizzling Summer Series continues with Grilled Peach and Pineapple Melba Sundaes. Easy and delicious, these chilled treats will cool you down with refreshing taste and spectacular color, perfect for drowning your sorrows or celebrating a new season!
This spin on the classic Peach Melba takes advantage of the smoky flavor grilling lends to fruit. This dessert is sophisticated and refreshing with layers of vanilla ice cream, grilled pineapple, grilled peaches, and a reinvented grilled sugared raspberry sauce. By infusing smoke into each fruity ingredient, this classic sundae comes off looking fabulous and with deepened flavors and a slightly charred texture. Use your grill to express your inner grill master with the Sizzling Summer Series, turning peaches and pineapples into a crispy, caramelized canvas for creativity on hot summer days.
Grilled Peach and Pineapple Melba Sundaes Ingredients
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of flaky sea salt, plus more for serving
- 2 medium peaches, cut into thin wedges
- 2 (1/2-inch-thick) fresh pineapple slices
- Favorite vanilla ice cream
Grilled Peach and Pineapple Melba Sundaes Directions
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F).
- Layer 2 medium sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Toss together raspberries and sugar on foil. Slide foil onto grill grate, and grill, uncovered, stirring once or twice, until juicy, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer raspberries and any juices to a blender, and let cool completely. Add lemon juice and a pinch of flaky sea salt; puree until very smooth. Transfer raspberry sauce to an airtight container, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill peach wedges and pineapple slices, uncovered, until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a work surface; let cool completely. Dice pineapple.
- Decoratively layer ice cream, pineapples, peaches, and raspberry sauce in each of 6 (8-ounce) glasses. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and serve immediately.
Do Ahead: The raspberry sauce and grilled pineapple and peaches can be prepared and refrigerated overnight.
Taken from foodandwine.com https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-peach-and-pineapple-melba-sundaes