Memorial Day is just a few days away, and you don’t want to be caught with a barren grill and your friends and family questioning whining with hunger. For an easy last-minute dish to knock their socks off on a beautiful sunny holiday afternoon, here is Grilled Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp. The perfect mix of garlic, lime, salt, and pepper, these skewers of shrimp are refreshing and bold in flavor. With plump, juicy texture, you’re going to need a triple batch to satisfy the craving!
Be sure to get the freshest large shrimp you can get because you can always taste the crispness of seafood. Create a basting sauce to coat the shrimp before grilling by combining grated chile, freshly grated garlic, black pepper, lime juice, and oil. Skewered and grilled over medium-high heat until a beautiful golden char develops on each side brings out the refreshing texture of the shrimp. The acid from the lime complements the gradient heat of the red chile for an addictive savor that can't be quenched. Ready in under 30 minutes, you won't have to miss out on watching the ballgame or classic war movie, making it a perfect meal for the holiday because Memorial Day is Grilling Day.
Grilled Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp Ingredients
- 1 fresh red chile (such as Fresno), seeds removed, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Kosher salt
- Lime wedges and Kashmiri chili powder or paprika (for serving)
- Four 8-inch-long metal skewers or bamboo skewers soaked 30 minutes in water
Grilled Garlic and Black Pepper Shrimp Directions
- Whisk chile, garlic, pepper, lime juice, and 2 Tbsp. of oil in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat; season with salt.
- Thread shrimp onto sets of 2 skewers.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; clean grates well, then oil.
- Grill shrimp, turning once until cooked through and lightly charred, about 5 minutes total.
- Serve with lime wedges dipped in chili powder.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-garlic-and-black-pepper-shrimp