As summer comes to an end, it feels like life begins speeding up to a frenzy. Fight the urge to live at a dizzying pace, and take opportune moments to slow down with the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset. Beautiful, flavorful, and simple make Grilled Crispy-Skinned Salmon with Whole Lemon-Sesame Sauce a wonderful weeknight meal in your backyard. Featuring a sauce made with an entire lemon and balanced by honey and sesame oil, this salmon finishes flaky, crispy, fragrant, and moist.
As with all fish and seafood, freshness is king, so begin with fresh skin-on salmon filets. Rub both sides of salmon with olive oil and season with salt. Make the lemon sauce by tossing chopped lemon, lemon juice, shallots, sesame seeds, honey, sesame oil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Don't be afraid of using the whole lemon, as the honey, sesame, and shallots will perfectly balance out the sourness and bitterness. Place the salmon skin-side down on oiled grill grates over medium heat and grill for 6-8 minutes. Crispy, lightly charred, and opaque, top the salmon with fresh basil and the lemon sauce for a delightful meal at sunset. Life is too short to miss out on what matters most, and the Sizzling Summer Series is here to inspire opportunities for making memories.
Grilled Crispy-Skinned Salmon with Whole Lemon-Sesame Sauce Ingredients
- 4 6-oz. skin-on salmon filets, pin bones removed, patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. plus ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- Kosher salt
- 1 small lemon
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
Grilled Crispy-Skinned Salmon with Whole Lemon-Sesame Sauce Directions
- Prepare a grill for medium heat. Rub salmon with 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season both sides with salt.
- Cut ends off the lemon and discard. Place lemon upright and slice off outer lobes in 4 sections, leaving a square-shaped core and seeds behind. Finely chop the lobes (flesh, pith, and all) and transfer to a small bowl (you should have about ⅓ cup). Squeeze out the juice from core over the bowl. Add shallot, sesame seeds, honey, sesame oil, and remaining ⅓ cup olive oil; season with salt and lots of pepper. Toss to combine.
- Clean and oil grate, then immediately place salmon on grill skin side down. Cover grill and cook, skin side down the entire time, until the skin is lightly charred and fish is opaque, 6–8 minutes. Transfer salmon to a plate and let cool slightly.
- Divide salmon among plates. Top with basil. Spoon lemon-sesame sauce over.
Taken from bonappetit.com