Fire up your summer grilling with our bold, sizzling Grilled Corn and Poblano Chile Salad from our Sizzling Summer Series! This delicious salad packs a flavorful punch that will make any barbeque envy-worthy. The sparkling dressing of fresh lime juice, hot sauce, and a pinch of kosher salt adds the perfect zest to this dish.
Grill the tangy poblano peppers until they are blackened in spots to achieve just the right crisp-tender texture. Don’t forget the juicy corn still in its husk! We slather them with melted butter, then cut off the kernels and add to the bowl to mix with reserved dressing - it’s sure to turn your cookout into a showstopper. Throw in some chopped scallions for an extra layer of flavor - you won’t regret it!
Taste buds will pop all around when you serve this bold Grilled Corn and Poblano Chile Salad from our Sizzling Summer Series!
Grilled Corn and Poblano Chile Salad Ingredients
- Vegetable oil (for the grill)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon hot sauce (such as Frank’s)
- Kosher salt
- 4 ears of corn in the husk
- 2 small poblano chiles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 scallions, chopped
Grilled Corn and Poblano Chile Salad Directions
- Prepare a grill for medium heat; oil grate. Whisk lime juice and hot sauce in a medium bowl; season with salt. Set dressing aside.
- Grill corn (still in husks) and chiles, occasionally turning, until corn is charred all over (husks will be nicely blackened, and some of the kernels will become deeply browned in spots) and chiles are blackened in spots and crisp-tender, 10–12 minutes for corn and 8–10 minutes for chiles. Transfer to a platter and let cool slightly before shucking corn.
- Slather corn with butter then cut kernels from cobs into bowl with reserved dressing. Remove seeds from chiles and chop. Add to corn along with scallions. Toss to combine; season corn salad with salt.