Nothing says, “I love you Dad,” like steak. Actually, a good pizza goes pretty far too, but this week we are talking about steak. Celebrate Dad this weekend with Grilled Chipotle-Rubbed Steaks with Lime Butter. Deeply seasoned and served with a lime compound butter, these steaks are wonderfully succulent and beautiful.
This recipe calls for a thick, boneless cut, such as ribeye or hanger, and let me just say as a dad myself, you can’t go wrong with a ribeye. Season the steaks with kosher salt and then thoroughly rub in a mixture of paprika, cumin, and chipotle powder. The chipotle powder will add a little heat and some smoky aroma. Grill the steaks over medium-high heat until the desired doneness, and then allow to rest for 5 minutes. The lime compound butter is a combination of softened unsalted butter, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, and salt. Once removed from the grill, place the lime butter on the steak to melt and slather your Dad with love and goodness this Father’s Day.
Grilled Chipotle-Rubbed Steaks with Lime Butter Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated zest from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- Four thick, boneless steaks, such as rib eye or hanger, 10- to 12-ounces each
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
Grilled Chipotle-Rubbed Steaks with Lime Butter Directions
- Combine the butter, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, and a salt to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the paprika, cumin, and chipotle powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle the steaks with plenty of kosher salt, then evenly sprinkle the spice mixture over them and rub into the meat.
- Oil the grates of the grill (or grill pan) and preheat over high heat until smoking.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add steaks. Cook without moving until well charred, about 4 minutes. Flip steaks and continue to cook until center of steaks register 125°F on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare, 135°F for medium, or 145°F for well done.
- Transfer to a platter and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes, adding the lime butter after a few minutes to melt from the residual heat.
- Slice the steaks and serve immediately.
Taken from SeriousEats.com
The post Grilled Chipotle-Rubbed Steaks with Lime Butter – Father’s Day appeared first on Summerset Grills.