Grilled Chicken Breasts with Grapefruit Glaze – Sizzling Summer Series
The days are getting shorter, and the nights are cooling off. You know summer is coming to a close when you see the back-to-school displays in the stores. It's a sad sight, but there's still time to grill with the Sizzling Summer Series. Next is Grilled Chicken Breasts with Grapefruit Glaze – a simple and flavorful preparation that will make dinner fast and easy for these busy nights. Featuring a tart and sweet grapefruit glaze, this chicken does not compromise on taste. So fire up the grill and enjoy this delicious dish's last days of summer.
Begin by preparing the glaze by combining garlic, grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl. The honey will balance out the tartness of the grapefruit, and the garlic will highlight both flavors. Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat while frequently brushing them with the glaze, allowing multiple layers of caramelization to build. Using a saucepan, bring the remaining glaze to a boil and pour over the finished chicken. This chicken is tender, juicy, tart, and sweet, making a beautiful meal for a busy night or a relaxing backyard barbecue.
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Grapefruit Glaze Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest (from about 1/2 grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (from 1 grapefruit)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/4 pounds in all)
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Grapefruit Glaze Directions
- Light the grill. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Grill the chicken breasts over moderately high heat, frequently brushing with the glaze, for 8 minutes. Turn and cook, brushing with more glaze, until the chicken is just done, 10 to 12 minutes longer. Remove.
- In a small stainless-steel saucepan, bring the remaining glaze to a boil. Boil for about 1 minute, remove from the heat and pour over the grilled chicken.
Taken from foodandwine.com http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-chicken-breasts-grapefruit-glaze