Grilled Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Slaw & Avocado Crema – The Springtime Grilling Series
As we all experience the highs and lows of our new stay-at-home normal, the Springtime Grilling Series continues to be a breath of fresh air to the humdrum of quarantine life. Bringing novel and unique menu ideas to your backyard grill each week, here is an amazing recipe for our vegan grilling enthusiasts. Grilled Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Slaw & Avocado Crema is a veggie alternative to fish tacos with the same blissfully light and refreshing flavor. The cauliflower is seasoned with Mexican spices and beautifully charred, while the sweet and tangy mango slaw complements the smooth and elegant avocado crema.
Since the cauliflower grills fast and is best served immediately, begin by making the mango slaw and avocado crema first. The mango slaw balances the bite of red onion with the sweetness of red pepper and red mango. Lime juice and fresh cilantro add refreshing aromatics and citrus to the salad. The avocado crema is a blend of avocados, lime juice, coconut milk, garlic, hot sauce, onion powder, salt, and pepper. To prepare the cauliflower for the grill, divide it into florets and combine with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and garlic. Grill over medium-high heat for 20 minutes for a gorgeous charred appearance and texture. Assemble the tacos using two corn tortillas each, then mango coleslaw, a couple florets of grilled cauliflower, drizzled avocado cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime. Beautiful and scrumptious, these tacos offer wonderful textures, cheerful colors, and upbeat flavors to brighten your day with the Springtime Grilling Series.
Makes 12 tacos
Grilled Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Slaw & Avocado Crema Ingredients
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion (approximately 1/2 an onion)
- 1 thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 thinly sliced red mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 24 corn tortillas
Grilled Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Slaw & Avocado Crema Directions
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the mango slaw and refrigerate until ready to serve tacos.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the avocado crema until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve tacos.
- Toss cauliflower florets in olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, and cumin and grill for 20 minutes on the barbecue over medium-high heat.
- Assemble each taco with 2 corn tortillas as a base to prevent tacos from tearing. Place a small amount of mango slaw on the bottom, then a few pieces of grilled cauliflower, and top with a dollop or drizzle of avocado crema. Add a squeeze of extra lime on top if desired.
Taken from hotforfoodblog.com