Make your Thanksgiving extra special with Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Cider Vinaigrette from our Thanksgiving on the Grill series. It's the perfect side dish for showcasing your outdoor cooking skills and giving your holiday spread the extra flair you’ve been looking for! This unique flavor pairing of hearty broccoli rabe with sweet and tangy cider vinaigrette transforms your standard Thanksgiving dinner into an unforgettable culinary experience.
Broccoli rabe works perfectly on the grill because of its natural heartiness and smoky flavor. Its short grilling time allows for a quick preparation that won’t keep you away from your guests too long. Outside, you can warm your hands by the fire and prepare several dishes at once. The combination of earthy, charred broccoli rabe and tart cider vinaigrette adds a festive note to your meal.
With Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Cider Vinaigrette, you can ensure your grill game is at its finest this Thanksgiving. So fire up that grill, grab a sweater, and shake up your regular Thanksgiving menu with Thanksgiving on the Grill. Let the cooking begin!
Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Cider Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3/4 cup fresh apple cider
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- About 2 pounds of broccoli rabe
Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Cider Vinaigrette Directions
- Prepare the grill for direct heat. If using a gas grill, preheat to medium-high (450 degrees). If using a charcoal grill, light the charcoal or wood briquettes; when they are ready, distribute them under the cooking area for direct heat. For a medium-hot fire, you should be able to hold your hand about 6 inches above the coals for about 4 or 5 seconds. Have a spray water bottle ready to tame any flames. Lightly coat the grill rack with oil and place it on the grill.
- Cook the apple cider in a small saucepan over medium heat until it has reduced to about two tablespoons; this should take 5 to 8 minutes, so adjust the heat as needed. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together reduced cider syrup, vinegar, shallot (to taste), salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, then add two tablespoons of the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking to form an emulsified vinaigrette.
- Rinse the broccoli rabe, dry it thoroughly, and place it in a large mixing bowl. Toss it with the remaining two tablespoons of oil until evenly coated. Place on the grill grate and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly charred, then use tongs to turn it over and cook on the second side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter. Drizzle the cider vinaigrette on the broccoli rabe. Toss gently to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Taken from americanmadegrills.com https://americanmadegrills.com/blogs/recipes/grilled-broccoli-rabe-with-cider-vinaigrette