The stage is set and the last teams standing after this weekend will have punched their tickets to the biggest game of them all. The Super Bowl Grilling Series marches on as we work our way towards game day with mouthwatering menu ideas for the biggest sporting event of the year. Next up is Grilled Brats with Sriracha Mayo for a hand-fisted feast with juicy bratwurst perfectly grilled and browned and topped with a creamy custom Sriracha mayo mixture. With a larger than life spectacle and show, you’re going to need several rounds of feasting and these brats are easily prepped the day before and grilled in just minutes when needed.
Begin by making the Sriracha mayo by mixing mayonnaise, minced roasted sweet peppers, Sriracha chili sauce, and hot pepper sauce in a small mixing bowl and chill. The hot peppers will add a little thickness, texture, and added punch of sweetness and the hot pepper sauce will bring extra zing and bite from the vinegar and spiciness. Grill the brats over medium-low heat so they cook through without burning too quickly. Spread the buns or rolls with butter and toast on the grill for beautiful grill marks and crunch. Assemble with mayo mixture, relish, onion, and favorite condiments for a flavorful frenzy of game day goodness. As with all dishes in the series, plan on a double or triple batch to keep the fanatics, I mean guests, fed throughout the four-hour extravaganza.
Grilled Brats with Sriracha Mayo Ingredients
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup minced roasted sweet red peppers
- 6 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 fully cooked bratwurst links
- 8 brat buns or hot dog buns, split
- 1 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- Ketchup, optional
Grilled Brats with Sriracha Mayo Directions
- Mix the first four ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Grill bratwursts, covered, over medium-low heat until browned and heated through, 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Lightly spread buns with butter and toast on the grill
- Serve in buns with mayonnaise mixture, relish, onion and, if desired, ketchup.
Taken from tasteofhome.com