Make every day a grilling holiday with the amazing Grilled Beef with Broccoli from The Springtime Grilling Series! Transform beefy flank steak into a flavorful feast by marinating it with traditional Asian flavors, including soy sauce, oyster sauce, and Shaoxing wine. Then, fire up the grill and add a side of broccoli for a dish that delights the palate and brings out your inner gourmand.
Grilling is more than heating food; it's an alchemy of fire, smoke, and air. And that's what you get when you cook this classic combination of beef and broccoli on the grill – an elegant balance of flavor that tantalizes all five senses. Perfect for special occasions or casual gatherings on sunny days when you want to spend time outdoors.
So don't miss out – fire up the grill and treat yourself to an unforgettable culinary adventure thanks to The Springtime Grilling Series and its deliciously new take on Grilled Beef with Broccoli!
Grilled Beef with Broccoli Ingredients
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled, grated
- ¾ cup oyster sauce
- ¾ cup Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine)
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 2 medium heads of broccoli (about 1 pound), stems peeled, heads halved lengthwise
- Sliced scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and cooked white rice (for serving)
Grilled Beef with Broccoli Directions
- Whisk garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, wine, soy sauce, oil, molasses, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag and pour in 2 cups marinade; set remaining marinade aside. Seal the bag, turn to coat, and let the steak marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to 12.
- Prepare a gas grill for 2-zone heat; set one burner at medium and one or two burners at medium-high. Alternatively, prepare a charcoal grill for medium-high heat. Grill steak over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until charred, 3–5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain into ½"-thick strips.
- Meanwhile, stir ½ cup reserved marinade and ½ cup water in a small bowl to combine. Brush broccoli all over (crowns and stems) with some of the thinned marinade. Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally and frequently basting with thinned marinade, until charred and tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a plater and let cool slightly before breaking into large pieces.
- Divide steak and broccoli among plates. Top with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice and the remaining marinade alongside.
Taken from bonappetit.com https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-beef-with-broccoli