Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw – Sizzling Summer Series
July 4this just a couple weeks away and it would be downright un-American to not grill anything on our nation’s birthday. The Sizzling Summer Series is here to keep the grill sizzling and your patriotism in top form. Let freedom ring with Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw, probably the easiest way to grill ribs featuring sweet-glazed baby back ribs and refreshing apple slaw with a punch.
Begin by just seasoning the ribs with salt and pepper and then begin grilling over medium heat. During final five minutes, baste the ribs with a combination of Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and dark brown sugar. The sugars will caramelize and create a beautiful, sticky, finger-licking glaze perfect for a summer day. The slaw is a mixture of sour cream, horseradish, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cabbage, apples, and scallions. The punch of the horseradish is tempered by the sweet apples and crisp cabbage. Enjoyed together, the slaw acts as a stimulating complement to the sweet and hearty ribs. So get ready for a midweek holiday and celebration with the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset.
Glazed Pork Ribs With Horseradish Apple Slaw Ingredients
- 3 pounds baby back pork ribs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 head Napa or green cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 2 crisp apples (such as Braeburn or Granny Smith), cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
Glazed Pork Ribs With Horseradish Apple Slaw Directions
- Heat grill to medium. Season the ribs with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. In a small bowl, combine the Worcestershire, mustard, and brown sugar.
- Place the ribs on the grill, cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, turning often, until cooked through and tender. Baste with sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, horseradish, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the cabbage, apples, and scallions and toss.
- Cut the ribs apart, divide among plates, and serve with the slaw.
Taken from RealSimple.com
The post Glazed Pork Ribs with Horseradish Apple Slaw – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.