Game Day Grilled Buttermilk Chicken – Grillsanity!
It’s the final showdown as the last four teams battle it out to see who becomes the national champion. With everything on the line, Grillsanity is here to make sure your championship menu is ready for all the action with Game Day Grilled Buttermilk Chicken. Featuring a flavorful and moisture-inducing marinade, this chicken will perfect for watching the big games. With furious fervor and drama, March Madness is a fan's favorite time of year, and Grillsanity brings the feast to match straight from your grill.
The preparation is simple and can be started the day before. Get the marinade ready by combining buttermilk, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Dairy products are excellent for marinating chicken because they are acidic and impart moisture throughout the tissue. Using resealable bags or airtight containers, marinate the chicken for at least an hour or overnight for better results. Allow the chicken to rise to room temperature, so all the pieces cook uniformly, and then grill over medium-low heat until ready. Finishing moist and tender with crispy skin, serve the chicken with your favorite sides or appetizers for a game day feast. The brackets and menu are set to finish this year’s tournament with a cornucopia of heart-wrenching struggle, rivalry, and elation – this is Grillsanity!
Game Day Grilled Buttermilk Chicken Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
Game Day Grilled Buttermilk Chicken Directions
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, garlic, paprika, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the buttermilk mixture and chicken between 2 large resealable plastic bags. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bags occasionally, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-low. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill, covered, occasionally turning, until cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
Taken from realsimple.com https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/grilled-buttermilk-chicken-recipe