Happy New Year, everyone! In these uncertain times we have been living in, it's comforting to know that 2021 will continue with love, family, and football! With the playoffs just getting started and the big daddy of them all about a month away, the Super Bowl Grilling Series is back to get your game day menu set. We kick it off with Game Day Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos. Roasted on the grill to infuse smoky goodness into the creamy, salty, spicy mix, these jalapenos pop with a cheddar and cream cheese mixture.
Firstly, plan on making a double or triple batch to keep them coming through all the festivities. Super addictive, these jalapenos will go fast because of the perfect blend of crispy bacon and creamy interior. Wonderfully, these jalapenos are incredibly easy to assemble and grill - use three-inch peppers, slice off the top, remove the seeds, fill with cheese mixture, and wrap lengthwise with bacon to keep the cheese inside. Secure the bacon on the jalapeno with a soaked toothpick and grill over medium heat until the pepper is sweating and slightly charred, and the bacon is crispy. With so much flavor packed into a small package, these are the perfect game day snack to keep your Super Bowl menu at the top.
Makes 2 Dozen
Game Day Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos Ingredients
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 jalapeno peppers (3 inches)
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 24 toothpicks, soaked
- Guacamole and sour cream, optional for serving
Game Day Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos Directions
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar and cream cheese.
- Cut and discard tops from jalapenos; remove seeds.
- Fill each with 2 teaspoons cheese mixture.
- Wrap each lengthwise with a bacon piece and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning frequently.
- If desired, serve with guacamole and sour cream.
Taken from tasteofhome.com