Fireworks, family, and food – this is what makes a great Fourth of July celebration, and we have the food covered for you. Get busy with your grill this Independence Day for a spectacular explosion of mesquite flavor with Fourth of July Grilled Rib Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce. Featuring tender and marbled rib steak, seasoned with salt and pepper, beautifully grilled and topped with zesty homemade chimichurri. Each bite will bring a savory eruption to your taste buds, setting you up for the visual extravaganza later.
Begin making the chimichurri by combining chopped parsley, minced garlic, shallots, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, and spices in a small bowl. Keep refrigerated until serving to allow the flavors to deepen and fuse. Allow the steaks to rise to room temperature and season with salt and white pepper. Grill the steaks over medium-high heat for four to six minutes per side and remove. Grill the toast over low heat on both sides until golden and lightly charred. Serve each steak topped with a heaping mound of chimichurri and a side of toast for a liberating culinary experience. Celebrate freedom and America’s birthday with your grill, your family, and a whole bunch of firecrackers.
Fourth of July Grilled Rib Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups parsley finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shallots diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 thick-cut rib steaks boneless
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 package of New York Bakery Texas Toast
Fourth of July Grilled Rib Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce Directions
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Allow it to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes before using so the flavors really meld together.
- Store in the fridge until needed. This is best served the day you make it.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Be sure to clean and oil grates before putting steaks on.
- Season both sides of the meat with salt and white pepper.
- Place on grill put the lid down and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the desired doneness. Lift the lid and turn the rib steaks over, put the lid down and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the desired doneness. Lift the lid, remove rib steaks from the grill. Allow it to stand for about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how thick your steaks are. Giving them time to stand will allow the juices to redistribute.
- Open the package, remove from wrapping, and set the bread on a platter. Grill over low heat, cooking on both sides till golden brown with grill marks. Remove from grill and place on a plate.
- Plate steak, spoon lots of chimichurri sauce over the top. Place 1 or 2 slices of bread on the plate, along with your favorite side dish.
- Serve with a big old rib steak with chimichurri sauce loving smile!
Taken from kissmysmoke.com