July 4th is an exciting holiday for fireworks, barbecues, and celebrating the birth of America. The best way to celebrate July 4th is playing with sparklers around the flagpole and grilling up some Fourth of July Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburgers with Smashed Avocado. Featuring seasoned patties, salty bacon, and rich mozzarella, these burgers are juicy, smoky, savory, and perfect for summertime!
Create flavorful patties by combining ground beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat until the desired doneness. Add mozzarella slices during the last couple of minutes to melt. Remove each patty from the grill and wrap it with a piece of cooked bacon. The refreshing smashed avocado is seasoned with lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro. Assemble the burgers on toasted buns and top with the smashed avocado and your favorite toppings for a fistful of patriotic goodness. Bold and beautiful, this is the perfect all-American dish to celebrate the Fourth of July!
Makes 8 burgers
Fourth of July Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburgers with Smashed Avocado Ingredients
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 3 medium ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 8 hamburger buns for serving
Fourth of July Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburgers with Smashed Avocado Directions
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Shape meat into 8 patties and make a dent in the center of each one.
- Grill hamburgers over medium-high heat, occasionally flipping until meat registers 180F. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, top each hamburger with mozzarella slices and cook until melted. Transfer burgers to a plate and wrap each one in slices of bacon. Set aside for a moment while you prepare the smashed avocado.
- In a medium bowl, mash all avocado ingredients until combined (mixture will still be slightly chunky)
- Assemble the burgers: Place a bacon-wrapped hamburger on each bun and generously top with smashed avocado mixture. Serve hamburgers immediately after assembling.