Get ready for the biggest game of the year with Fajita Chicken Kebabs from the Super Bowl Grilling Series. With bold flavor, a sizzling aroma, and a daring presentation, these Fajita Chicken Kebabs will make a statement - just like the big game itself! This recipe is ideal for tailgating, pre-game BBQs, and halftime snacking—perfectly seasoned chicken teams up with fresh vegetables for an unforgettable flavor on the grill.
Begin by cutting the chicken breasts into uniform bite-sized cubes and placing them in a resealable bag. Whisk together canola oil, lime juice and zest, chili powder, cumin, garlic, jalapeno, and salt, and pour into the bag over the chicken to marinate for several hours. Cut the bell peppers and onions into uniform ¾” chunks, and assemble the skewers with vegetables and marinated chicken bites. Lightly oil the grill grates and cook the kebabs over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once or twice for uniform cooking. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, and serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for festive feasting during the game.
Invite over friends and family for good food and great times as you gear up for an epic showdown between two championship teams. Show off your grilling skills proudly with Fajita Chicken Kebabs - they're guaranteed to make your party a blast!
Get your grill fired up and prepped with the unrivaled taste of our Super Bowl Grilling Series.
Makes 16 Skewers
Fajita Chicken Kebabs Ingredients
- 4 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Zest and juice of 4 large limes, plus additional for serving
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds and membrane if sensitive to spice)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 4 large red onions
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Salsa – sour cream (or plain yogurt) and guacamole, optional for serving
Fajita Chicken Kebabs Directions
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces—place in a zip-top bag.
- Whisk together the canola oil, lime juice and zest, chili powder, cumin, garlic, jalapeno, and salt in a small bowl or measuring cup. Pour over the chicken, seal the bag, and gently "squish" the bag, so the chicken is coated with the marinade. Place the bag in a baking dish to catch accidental drips, then refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight. If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes before use.
- When ready to cook, heat your grill to medium-high. Cut the bell peppers and onion into 3/4-inch chunks, then thread them onto skewers with the marinated chicken pieces, alternating the chicken with the vegetables. Lightly oil the grill, then place the kabobs on the grill, cover, and let cook until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice throughout so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove the chicken kebabs to a serving plate and sprinkle with cilantro and a few squeezes of fresh lime juice. Serve warm, garnished with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole as desired.
Taken from wellplated.com https://www.wellplated.com/fajita-chicken-kebab-recipe/