Chipotle-Lime Steak Tacos - Grillsanity!
Amp up your March Madness grilling festivities with our Chipotle-Lime Steak Tacos! These bold and flavorful tacos will be the star of your sports party – no need to worry about juggling between the game and your grill, as they are super easy to cook. The chipotle-lime marinated skirt steak is perfectly balanced, offering just the right amount of heat and citrus to tantalize your taste buds.
Parties and sports events are always a great excuse to pull out the grill. And now, you can add this West Coast favorite to your grilling repertoire! The carne asada (skirt steak) used in these tacos is marinated with chipotle and lime, offering a wildly delicious experience that everyone at your gathering will love. But the best part about them? They're easy to make - so you can still sit back and enjoy those critical moments of every game without hassle or stress!
Gather your closest grilling enthusiast friends, don a mask of your favorite team's colors, fire up the grill, and get ready for some Grillsanity! Let Chipotle-Lime Steak Tacos be your go-to recipe for an unforgettable March Madness celebration!
Chipotle-Lime Steak Tacos Ingredients
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 6 canned chipotles in adobo, roughly chopped
- 1 large white onion, sliced crosswise into ¾"-thick rings
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 ½ lb. trimmed skirt steak, cut crosswise into 4 steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed
- Warm tortillas for serving
- Salsa verde, for serving
Chipotle-Lime Steak Tacos Directions
- Heat an 8" skillet over high heat; add garlic, and cook, turning as needed, until charred all over, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a blender with oil, chipotles, small chopped onion, juice, and purée until smooth. Transfer to a 9" x 13" baking dish, and add steaks, tossing to coat in marinade; season generously with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium heat. Brush marinade from steaks and transfer to the grill; cook, flipping once, until charred and cooked to desired doneness, about 8 minutes for medium. Transfer steaks to a cutting board, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining onion and jalapeño on the grill, and cook, turning as needed, until charred and softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board and finely chop; transfer to a serving bowl. Finely chop steaks and toss with grilled vegetables in a bowl. Serve with tortillas, lime wedges, and salsa verde on the side.