Who’s ready for some fooooootballlll?! No matter your team, you are always a winner when it comes to tacos and the Game Day Grilling Series. Whether you are rooting for the Cowboys or the Bucs on opening day, these Chile-Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos are sure to be a big hit among all. This quick and easy taco recipe features grilled skirt steak marinated in lime and spices that will work with your favorite toppings and salsa. Serve them up with some Pico de Gallo and avocado salsa, and watch your friends cheer!
Gameday grilling goes beyond traditional tailgating and can include hosting friends at home, attending parties, or just cooking up something special in your own backyard. This steak is thoroughly marinated in just two hours and then grilled in minutes, making it perfect for a day full of football mayhem. Spicy and citrus with just a bit of sweetness, these tacos are blessed handfuls of addictively blazing flavor. Better make a double or triple batch if you want to survive all those hours watching football this weekend.
Makes 12 tacos
Chile-Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 5-inch strips
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Pico de Gallo, Avocado Salsa, and shredded cabbage, for serving
Chile-Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos Directions
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the paprika, ancho powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, chipotle, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Add the lime juice and oil and shake the bag to blend.
- Add the steak and seal the bag. Let the steak stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan.
- Grill the steak over moderately high heat, turning twice, until lightly charred on the outside and medium-rare within about 10 minutes. Transfer the steak to a work surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak and serve with tortillas, Pico de Gallo, Avocado Salsa, and cabbage.
Taken from foodandwine.com https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chile-spiced-skirt-steak-tacos