There is a stirring; can you feel it? A faint, but increasing throng of marching bands, fight songs, and exuberant fandom is rising, bringing hope to the sullen reality that summer is over. Another football season is here and the Game Day Grilling Series is set to bring exciting recipes fit for weekend revelries. Next up is Caribbean Grilled Ribeyes, a robust and spicy preparation that pairs well with this favorite cut of marbled, succulent beef.
Begin preparation by combining Dr. Pepper, honey, Caribbean jerk seasoning habanero pepper, salt, and pepper in a blender to make the marinade. Add high-grade, premium quality ribeye steaks, about ¾ pound each, and refrigerate for two hours. The acid from the soda will soften the tissue of the steaks, while the sugars will offset the bold and spicy jerk seasoning and pepper. Grill over medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side until the desired doneness, then remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Bodacious and boastful, these ribeyes are the perfect fit for game day festivities with the Game Day Grilling Series.
Caribbean Grilled Ribeyes Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded habanero pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
Caribbean Grilled Ribeyes Directions
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Taken from TasteOfHome.com
The post Caribbean Grilled Ribeyes – Game Day Grilling Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.