BLT Hot Dogs with Caraway Remoulade – Sizzling Summer Series
Hot dogs, ice-cold lemonade, and fireworks are a perfect recipe for a July 4thcelebration. The Sizzling Summer Series takes the American classic to the next level with BLT Hot Dogs with Caraway Remoulade. Featuring crispy bacon, fresh tomatoes, crisp lettuce, and creamy remoulade, these dogs are delightful and fill one’s heart with nationalistic vibrato.
Begin by grilling your favorite dog – jumbo all beef, polish, spicy kielbasa, brats – whatever you prefer. Use thick cut applewood-smoked bacon for maximum flavor, salty goodness, and texture. The remoulade is made by whisking mayonnaise, shallots, capers, chopped dill pickle, and toasted caraway seeds until combined. Toss some of the remoulade with the shredded lettuce and basil leaves to make a refreshing slaw. Assemble each BLT Hot Dog with a toasted bun, the grilled dog, a slice of bacon, chopped tomatoes, a heap of slaw, and serve with extra remoulade on the side. So, with unbridled patriotism and BLT Hot Dog in hand, enjoy the fireworks with the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset.
BLT Hot Dogs with Caraway Remoulade Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, toasted
- 8 hot dogs, cooked
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted
- 8 slices of crisp, cooked applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves
BLT Hot Dogs with Caraway Remoulade Directions
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the shallot, capers, pickle and toasted caraway seeds.
- Put the cooked hot dogs in the buns; top with the bacon and tomatoes. Toss the lettuce and basil with some of the caraway remoulade. Top the dogs with the slaw. Serve any remaining remoulade on the side.
Taken from FoodAndWine.com
The post BLT Hot Dogs with Caraway Remoulade – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.