Blackened Chicken Burgers with Warm Mango Salsa – Grillsanity!
The bone-aching disappointment, red eyes from painful tears, the gut-punch that takes your breath away – it's the feeling of your bracket ruined after the first two rounds of March Madness. We have all been there, and this year, maybe we are all there with several top seeds going down early, but Grillsanity continues to bring you terrific game day recipes to keep your spirits up. Celebrate the next two rounds with Blackened Chicken Burgers with Warm Mango Salsa, featuring a perfectly balanced sandwich of sweet and spicy notes. With so many ingredients and zest packed into this fistful of flavor, your tournament party will be pumping even if your team isn’t.
Since the chicken breast is pretty lean, we will add many spices and vegetables to make it richer and livelier. Ground chicken is mixed with diced red bell peppers, onion, green onion, jalapeno, garlic, and salt. After formed into patties, rub with olive oil and blackening seasoning. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through, but to stay moist, don't overcook. The mango salsa is a reduction of oil, mango, onion, garlic, jalapeno, and vinegar to soften and sweeten the mango fruit. Let cool and mix with more jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice for a spicy, sweet, and zesty combination. Served on toasted buns with your favorite condiments, these sandwiches bring a fiesta of savor and aroma to your mouth. With Grillsanity, you can keep your chin up and your palate ready no matter how your bracket or favorite team is faring.
Blackened Chicken Burgers with Warm Mango Salsa Ingredients
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ⅛ cup jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons blackening seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks, thawed
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced (or more if you want more spice)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Blackened Chicken Burgers with Warm Mango Salsa Directions
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, green onion, jalapeño, and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Form into four equal patties. Drizzle with olive oil and rub all over. Sprinkle each chicken patty on top and bottom with one teaspoon blackening season.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Oil the grill grates. Cook patties until done all the way through, about five minutes per side. Be sure to not overcook!
- Assemble chicken burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, patty, mango salsa, and your favorite condiments.
For Mango Salsa
- In a small saucepan, combine olive oil, mango, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon jalapeño, and vinegar.
- Turn the heat on medium. When the mixture begins to sizzle, turn it back down to a simmer, and cook until the mangos break down about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add remaining jalapeno, cilantro, a pinch of salt, and juice of a lemon.
- Serve with burgers warm or at room temperature.
Taken from cookingforkeeps.com https://www.cookingforkeeps.com/blackened-chicken-burgers-with-warm-mango-salsa-2/