It's kind of crazy that after shoving down a vast feast of turkey and all the fixings, one of the most frantic shopping extravaganzas takes place the very next day. Black Friday has become an event of its own, and Black Friday Grilled Blackened Chicken is a tasty recipe that takes only minutes to prepare so you can get back to finding all those insane deals. Featuring a combination of robust spices bringing heat and smokiness, this chicken gets a quick searing on high heat to get black, zesty, and beautiful.
Begin by pulling the chicken out of the refrigerator thirty minutes before grilling. This will allow it to rise to room temperature, so it cooks evenly. Rub the chicken with olive oil, and then rub it entirely with the spice mixture. Grill the chicken over medium-high to high heat for just three to four minutes per side and blackened. Finishing fiery and peppery, this chicken will get your motor ready to finish this once-a-year day of shopping. And there is always Cyber Monday…
Black Friday Grilled Blackened Chicken Ingredients
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
Black Friday Grilled Blackened Chicken Directions
- Pull chicken breast from fridge 30 minutes before grilling to bring to room temperature.
- Combine all seasoning and whisk; set aside.
- Trim any excess fat from chicken and then rub evenly with olive oil. Sprinkle seasoning/rub evenly over chicken; rub to cover entire pieces.
- Heat grill over medium/high heat until literally smoking. You want to hear the meat sizzle once it hits the grill.
- Place breast on grill, cover, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Turn heat off and remove the chicken from heat. Leave it in a pan (covered) for about 2 minutes and then remove to plate; cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Taken from justapinch.com