Summer is here which means it’s time for grillin’ and nappin’. We lovers of everything mesquite, charred, and smoky are good to grill any time of the year. Yet summertime brings out another gear for eating around the pool and sunset grilling. This week, we have Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken, perfect for a short weeknight grilled meal and swim at dusk. Each bite explodes with flavors of balsamic, mustard, and rosemary with just thirty minutes of marinating, and it is healthy too.
We begin with the marinade by whisking together balsamic vinegar, mustard, fresh rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the chicken legs in a resealable bag, add the marinade, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to infuse with moisture. Grill over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes turning throughout for even cooking. The wings come off the grill charred, aromatic from the rosemary, and sweet from the balsamic vinegar. Come on, it’s summertime – the weather is beautiful, the water is warm, and it’s always the right time for grilling.
Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken Ingredients
- 2 lbs. of chicken legs, skin on
- 1 tablespoon of mustard, gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt & pepper
Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken Directions
- In a small bowl add mustard, chopped fresh rosemary, garlic clove, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, and olive oil. Whisk together so oil and vinegar are no longer separated.
- Add chicken legs to a large ziplock bag, next add the marinade mixture to the ziplock. Lock and toss around to make sure everything is coated.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 5 minutes prior to grilling.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken legs on grill and grill for 20-25 minutes turning throughout the grilling process. Remove and serve!
Taken from JoyfulHealthyEats.com