Summertime is already halfway through, and we have only begun to grill! It’s time to ramp it up and enjoy these long sunny days while we still have them. For inspiration, we continue the Sizzling Summer Series with Asian Beef Skewers. Grilled skewers are perfect for outdoor festivities and pool parties, and these Asian-inspired finger foods fetch a sense of nostalgia for the Pacific islands to your menu.
Skewers are generally very simple in preparation and all about the marinade, making them a quality dish with a short grill time that can be prepped the night before. Flank steak strips are marinated in a combination of hoisin sauce, sherry, soy sauce, barbeque sauce, green onion, minced garlic, and ginger. Grilled for a quick three minutes per side, the beef is tender and rich in flavor, and the ginger leaves your mouth stimulated and refreshed. Ideal as an appetizer or entrée, consider doubling or tripling the recipe, as they are very addicting. So fire up the grill, plan out the remaining weeks of summer before they are gone, and let’s get grilling.
Asian Beef Skewers Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon barbeque sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
Asian Beef Skewers Directions
- Mix hoisin sauce, sherry, soy sauce, barbeque sauce, green onions, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Cut flank steak across grain on a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices. Place the slices in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour the hoisin sauce mixture over slices, and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Discard marinade and thread steak on skewers.
- Oil the grill grate. Grill skewers 3 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
Taken from allrecipes.com https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14521/asian-beef-skewers/