Aloha Barbecue Sliders – Sizzling Summer Series
Alas, all good things come to an end; time marches on and seasons change, but we keep on grillin’! The Sizzling Summer Series wraps up with a Hawaiian-inspired flavor extravaganza: Aloha Barbecue Sliders. Perfect for entertaining, these sliders feature sweet barbecue sauce with freshly grilled pineapple slices stacked between a Hawaiian dinner roll and topped with beautiful bacon. Addictive and savory, be prepared to do a double or triple batch because they won't last long.
This dish is all about the barbecue sauce and pineapple, so use a sweet brown sugar-based sauce and add pineapple juice to it. Then divide the sauce mixture, and add a portion to the ground beef and mix with breadcrumbs and steak seasoning. Add the pineapple slices to the remaining barbecue sauce, and then grill the pineapple barbecue infused patties, pineapple slices, and rolls over medium heat. When done, assemble these tasty sliders with remaining sauce, patty, pineapple, swiss cheese, bacon, and lettuce. Seriously, these sliders will temporarily relieve trauma: the end of summer, beginning of school, Christmas is coming, etc. Summer may pass, school will come, but our grills will remain lit throughout to ever guide us back to home – this is the Sizzling Summer Series.
Makes 12 sliders
Aloha Barbecue Sliders Ingredients
- 1-1/2 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 2/3 cups brown sugar barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Hawaiian dinner rolls (in a tray)
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple slices, drained (reserve juice), cut into thirds (I used fresh)
- 6 slices of bacon (thin sliced, cooked, and divided into 2-inch pieces)
Aloha Barbecue Sliders Directions
- Spray cold grates of a gas grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine barbecue sauce with 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce mixture to beef, breadcrumbs and steak seasoning in a large bowl. Shape mixture into 12 small patties.
- Place pineapple slices in the bowl with remaining barbecue sauce mixture and set aside.
- Grill patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through (160°F). Meanwhile, remove attached rolls from package; do NOT separate. Cut in half horizontally. Spray cut sides with grilling spray; toast on the grill.
- Remove pineapple slices from sauce and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Separate toasted rolls and assemble sliders; Spread remaining barbecue sauce mixture on rolls, place a small piece of lettuce then patties on bottom halves of rolls; top with cheese, bacon and pineapple. Close with tops of rolls.
Taken from tidymom.net