Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burgers – Sizzling Summer Series
With summertime in full swing, everyone is taking time to relax. Whether it’s the infamous road trip, camping in the great outdoors, luxuriously travelling abroad, or my personal favorite, the relaxing stay-cation; every escape needs wonderful meal ideas to slow down and enjoy the view. Next in our Sizzling Summer Series are Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burgers – delicious, juicy, and bursting with flavor, these island-style burgers are sure to become a vacation tradition.
These burgers begin with the patties – a combination of ground beef, ginger, garlic, salt and soy sauce that infuses Asian flavors into the meat from the start. A glaze of pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce is continuously applied while grilling, adding sweetness and caramelization. For added texture, whole pineapple slices are placed on the grill to develop beautiful grill marks, and the hamburger buns are lightly toasted to awaken the aroma of the sesame seeds. Assembled with Swiss cheese, red onion, slices of brown sugar ham, lettuce, and mayo – these burgers will bring the essence of a Hawaiian getaway to your palate wherever you are vacationing. So have fun, unwind, possess your time away, and grill with the Sizzling Summer Series.
Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burger Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 whole pineapple slices
- 8 slices brown sugar ham
- 8 slices red onion
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 big sesame seed hamburger buns
Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burger Directions
- Mix pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce together. Set aside.
- Mix beef, ginger, garlic, salt and soy sauce in a small bowl. Divide into 4 patties and form into patties slightly larger than your bun. Make a slight indentation in the center of the burger to prevent it from doming up in the center. The indentation will rise as your burger cooks.
- Grill until golden brown and slightly charred (about 3-5 minutes), turning once (cook for 3 minutes on the other side for medium). Baste with pineapple teriyaki sauce as your burger cooks. Try not to press down on your burger with a spatula. It will cause the juices to escape and will create a dry burger!
- Grill pineapple slices until they have golden brown grill marks on both sides.
- Toast hamburger buns by placing on grill until grill marks form. Do not walk away during this process. Toast can turn to ash in the blink of an eye.
- Spread mayo on bottom bun. Top with lettuce, burger, Swiss cheese, grilled pineapple, red onion and ham. Serve and enjoy!
Taken from: TheSlowRoastedItalian.com
The post Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burgers – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.