Outdoor kitchens have become increasingly popular because they inspire you to get outside, do life, and enjoy in the fresh air. A side burner, such as the TRL Double Side Burner from Summerset, adds utility and flexibility to the outdoor space, thus broadening your culinary options. Next up in the Sizzling Summer Series is Red Snapper with Butter Lemon Sauce, a beautifully simple and delicious preparation from our friends at Jen Reviews that utilizes a cast iron skillet and side burner to fry and brown the fillets in butter. Featuring savory butter, white wine, and fresh lemon, this red snapper is sure to become a favorite quick and delightful meal to enjoy the sunset outdoors.
We begin by melting butter in a cast iron skillet, which can be placed right the grill grates if a side burner is unavailable. Season the red snapper fillets with salt and pepper, and then brown them in the melted butter for a few minutes allowing them to get a little crispy. Once flipped, add the white wine, heavy cream, garlic, and lemon juice to begin making the sauce while the fish finishes cooking. To reduce the sauce, remove the fillets, add parsley, and simmer to thicken. The red snapper finishes with amazing crispy texture on the outside and flaky inside, and the butter lemon sauce adds a rich and aromatic covering with herbal balance and citrus, riveting to the last bite. So get outside, breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy your summer with the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset.
Red Snapper with Butter Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- 2-3 red snapper fillets
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Sea salt
- Fresh parsley
Red Snapper with Butter Lemon Sauce Directions
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium and add the butter.
- Once the butter has completely melted, season both sides of the snapper with salt and pepper before adding it to the pan.
- Let the fish cook for around 3 minutes, or until slightly brown and crispy on the bottom side, then flip the fish over.
- Add in the cooking wine, heavy cream, garlic, and lemon juice. Allow the fish to braise for a couple more minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Add chopped parsley to the sauce and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Let the sauce continue cooking until it has reduced quite a bit, becoming much thicker and creamier.
- Serve the fish over a plate of greens and drizzle the butter lemon sauce right over top of it.
Taken from JenReviews.com
The post Red Snapper with Butter Lemon Sauce – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.