Midway through the summer, and we have just begun to grill! The Sizzling Summer Series roars on through the high tide of grilling season with terrific recipes to enjoy warm nights and iconic sunsets. This week we have Grilled Spinach and Herb Stuffed Pork Chops, a stunning and more formal meal featuring smoky and sweet pork chops stuffed with a salty cheese and herb mixture.
This recipe uses pre-marinated pork chops to save time making it perfect for workday dinner. The stuffing mixture is a combination of cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, garlic, thyme, and oregano. The mixture is stuffed into the pork chops by slicing a 3-inch slit in each fillet and filling it, then resealing with a toothpick or two if necessary. The chops are grilled over direct medium-high heat for a couple minutes per side to sear and then finished over indirect heat until thoroughly cooked. As stuffing mixture melts, the aromatics of the herbs and garlic infuse the meat, and the salty Parmesan cheese balances the sweet and smoky flavors of the marinade. So get out and enjoy the long summer nights while we have them with the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset.
Grilled Spinach and Herb Stuffed Pork Chops Ingredients
- 1 Package Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Flavor Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Grilled Spinach and Herb Stuffed Pork Chops Directions
- Preheat your gas grill to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Using Smithfield Pork Chops, slice a 3-inch pocket into each of the pork chops.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Stuff each of the pork chops evenly with the stuffing and seal the edges with a toothpick.
- Grill the pork chops indirect heat for 2-3 minutes until each side gets grill marks. Then remove the chops to indirect heat and close the grill. Grill until they get an internal temp of 145 degrees and are no longer pink.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
Taken from TheRecipeCritic.com
The post Grilled Spinach and Herb Stuffed Pork Chops – Sizzling Summer Series appeared first on Summerset Grills.