Are you tired of the same old grilled pork chops? Put a delicious and dramatic spin on the classic dish with our Grilled Pork Chops with Burst Blueberry Sauce. This unique recipe features gorgeous blueberries blended with shallots, thyme, and chipotles in adobo to create an irresistible sticky sauce. It's sure to become a favorite grilling staple!
Bursting with sweetness, floral notes, and tartness, this incredible burst of flavor will dazzle your taste buds - making every bite an unforgettable experience. Whether you're grilling for a crowd or just wanting something unique on a special night, this jaw-dropping combination of flavors will surely make even the most experienced grillers return for seconds.
So don't wait - get ready for some serious sizzle when you serve Grilled Pork Chops with Burst Blueberry Sauce!
Grilled Pork Chops with Burst Blueberry Sauce Ingredients
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot (about 2 1/4 ounces), finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme, plus thyme sprigs for garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) dry red wine
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- ½ tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Granulated sugar, to taste
- 8 bone-in pork rib chops, cut 1 to 1½ inches thick
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
Grilled Pork Chops with Burst Blueberry Sauce Directions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add shallot and chopped thyme; cook, stirring often until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine, and bring to a simmer over medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is almost entirely reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in blueberries, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until blueberries burst and sauce thickens slightly, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Add sugar to taste, 1/4 teaspoon at a time. (The amount of sugar will depend on the sweetness of the berries.) Let sauce cool to room temperature for about 1 hour. Season with kosher salt to taste.
- While the sauce cools, preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Rub pork chops all over with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, and season with remaining one tablespoon kosher salt and remaining 1/2 tablespoon black pepper. Grill pork chops, flipping once halfway through cook time, until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 130°F to 135°F, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from grill; cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange pork on a serving platter, and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve with blueberry sauce.
Make Ahead: Blueberry sauce may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Let it come to room temperature before serving.
Taken from foodandwine.com https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-pork-chops-with-blueberry-sauce