When winter weather kicks in, there’s nothing more satisfying than firing up the grill and enjoying a mouth-watering feast. Grilled Chinese-Style Ribs from our Warm Winter Grilling Series are the perfect – and delicious – way to stay warm while gathering with friends and family.
Our ribs have been meticulously trimmed and then marinated for hours, coated in a rich combination of Eastern flavors. The marinade consists of Japanese soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, fresh ginger root, garlic cloves, Chinese five-spice powder, and more ingredients you won't find in any other grilling dish. Don't forget to individually cut ribs so that every morsel is drenched in flavor!
With these ribs, you won't just be heating up your grill or barbeque - you'll be igniting an unforgettable flavor experience. Enjoy Grilled Chinese-Style Ribs as part of our Warm Winter Grilling Series, and make the next cookout one that you and your guests will remember!
Grilled Chinese-Style Ribs Ingredients
- 2 racks of baby back ribs, trimmed and cut into individual ribs
- 1/2 cup/120 mL soy sauce
- 1/3 cup/80 mL dry sherry
- 1/4 cup/60 mL hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL minced ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons/12.5 mL cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL white pepper
- For garnish
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons/30-45 mL toasted sesame seeds
Grilled Chinese-Style Ribs Directions
- Combine marinade ingredients. Place individually cut ribs into a resealable plastic bag. You might need to use two or more bags for this. Pour equal amounts of the marinade over the ribs, ensuring they are well coated. Seal bags and place them into the refrigerator. Marinate ribs for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove ribs from bags, reserve marinade, and cook ribs for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Baste with reserved marinade 2-3 times throughout the cooking process. Make sure to stop basting at least 5-8 minutes before the ribs are finished cooking.
- Remove ribs from the grill, place onto a large platter, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onion.